By Alexander Polishchuk
This booklet is a latest therapy of the idea of theta services within the context of algebraic geometry. the newness of its strategy lies within the systematic use of the Fourier-Mukai rework. Alexander Polishchuk begins through discussing the classical concept of theta features from the point of view of the illustration concept of the Heisenberg crew (in which the standard Fourier remodel performs the famous role). He then indicates that during the algebraic method of this thought (originally because of Mumford) the Fourier-Mukai rework can frequently be used to simplify the prevailing proofs or to supply thoroughly new proofs of many very important theorems. This incisive quantity is for graduate scholars and researchers with robust curiosity in algebraic geometry.
Read or Download Abelian Varieties, Theta Functions and the Fourier Transform PDF
Best algebraic geometry books
This e-book specializes in the algebraic-topological facets of likelihood idea, resulting in a much broader and deeper figuring out of easy theorems, akin to these at the constitution of continuing convolution semigroups and the corresponding strategies with autonomous increments. the strategy utilized in the environment of Banach areas and of in the community compact Abelian teams is that of the Fourier rework.
It is a monograph approximately non-commutative algebraic geometry, and its program to physics. the most mathematical inputs are the non-commutative deformation thought, moduli concept of representations of associative algebras, a brand new non-commutative concept of section areas, and its canonical Dirac derivation.
This article presents an creation to ergodic concept compatible for readers realizing simple degree conception. The mathematical must haves are summarized in bankruptcy zero. it really is was hoping the reader may be able to take on learn papers after examining the publication. the 1st a part of the textual content is anxious with measure-preserving differences of chance areas; recurrence houses, blending homes, the Birkhoff ergodic theorem, isomorphism and spectral isomorphism, and entropy conception are mentioned.
- Géométrie Algébrique 2 [Lecture notes]
- Geometric Algebra for Physicists
- Coding Theory and Algebraic Geometry: Proceedings of the International Workshop held in Luminy, France, June 17-21, 1991 (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Structural Aspects in the Theory of Probability: A Primer in Probabilities on Algebraic-Topological Structures (Series on Multivariate Analysis)
- Elementary Geometry of Algebraic Curves: An Undergraduate Introduction
Extra info for Abelian Varieties, Theta Functions and the Fourier Transform
1) → U (1) should satisfy α(γ1 + γ2 ) = exp(πi E(γ1 , γ2 ))α(γ1 )α(γ2 ). 2) on the data used in the construction of a line bundle on V / . The corresponding space F( ) can be identiﬁed with the space of L 2 -sections of certain line bundle on V / (see Exercise 1). Henceforward, referring to the above situation, we will say that a lifting homomorphism σα is given by the quadratic map α and will freely use the correspondence α → σα when discussing liftings of a lattice to the Heisenberg group. , if and only if the skew-symmetric form E| × is unimodular.
6, the space of canonical theta functions is 1-dimensional, so α for different choices of a Lagrangian subspace L the elements θ H, ,L should be proportional. In Chapter 5 we will compute these proportionality coefﬁcients and deduce from this the classical functional equation for theta series. In the case when is not necessarily maximal isotropic, we equip the space of canonical theta functions with the structure of a representation of a ﬁnite Heisenberg group associated with , and show that it is irreducible.
1) from A × A to U (1) is a bihomomorphism. 1) induces an isomorphism A A. We call q a (nondegenerate) quadratic form if q is a (nondegenerate) quadratic function on A such that q(−a) = q(a) for any a ∈ A. Now let L 1 , L 2 , L 3 be an admissible triple of Lagrangian subgroups in K . 2) where d1 (x) = (x, x, x), d2 (x12 , x23 , x31 ) = (x12 − x31 , x23 − x12 , x31 − x23 ), d3 (x1 , x2 , x3 ) = x1 + x2 + x3 . 2. 2) has only one potentially nontrivial cohomology group A(L 1 , L 2 , L 3 ) = ker(d3 )/ im(d2 ).